"Chuck Hawthorne has a story, and his history is enough to get attention. As huge as the back story may be, the presence of the man takes a back seat to what a lifetime of experience has offered to three minute songs."
The Alternate Root Magazine
"We desperately need songwriters like Chuck Hawthorne."
Raymond E. Lee
"Chuck has lived every inch of the lives he's written about....learned a thing or two about hard living, and damn if he can't cut you with his words."
Adobe and Teardrops
RECOGNITION FOR CHUCK'S MUSIC
- #1 Top 20 Albums of 2015 – The Troubadour Show for Silver Line
- Best of 2015 – Americana Roots and Snakeskin Boots for Silver Line
- Best Country and Americana Music Albums of 2015 – The Telegraph (UK) for Silver Line
- Top 50 Artists of 2015 - The Alternate Root Magazine
Freeform American Roots Awards in Categories:
-Album of the Year
-Debut Album of the Year
-Male Artist of the Year
- #2 FREEFORM AMERICAN ROOTS CHART June 2015
- #7 ROOTS MUSIC REPORT June 2015
- #11 EURO-AMERICANA CHART July 2015
- 2014 Regional Finalist & Ballad Tree Performer, KERRVILLE FOLK FESTIVAL New Folk Competition, Kerrville, Texas
WHAT OTHER ARTISTS ARE SAYING
"Damn good songs - visceral."
"...best songwriter I've heard in 20 or 30 years."
Michael Martin Murphey
"...a workingman's songwriter."
"I figured Chuck Hawthorne was the right stuff when I saw him shut down a crowd of rowdies one night with just him and a guitar. He plays it, writes it, and sings it. Listening to this collection confirms it. The right stuff - rare, not easy to come by, can't be faked."
"Just when you thought you'd heard all the good music - Chuck Hawthorne."
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
NOTABLE VENUES CHUCK HAS PLAYED
- The Saxon Pub - Austin, TX
- Strange Brew Lounge Side - Austin, TX
- Anderson Fair - Houston, TX
- The Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe - Galveston, TX
- Gruene Hall - New Braunfels, TX
- Cheatham Street Warehouse - San Marcos, TX
- McGonigel's Mucky Duck - Houston, TX
- Poodie's Hilltop Roadhouse - Spicewood, TX
- Bluebird Café - Nashville, TN
- The Franklin Theater - Franklin, TN
Douglas Corner Cafe - Nashville, TN
- Red Dragon Listening Room - Baton Rouge, LA